Have you ever felt helpless while stranded on the side of the road with your vehicle hood up and your vehicle steaming? Has your vehicle ever not started in the dead of winter because the fluid in your engine was frozen? Not fun. That’s why Jiffy Lube® offers a Radiator Flush to keep your engine with a fresh supply of antifreeze. This antifreeze will keep fluids from freezing and the flush will help remove containments.
A properly functioning cooling system circulates antifreeze/coolant through the engine and radiator, helping reduce heat levels produced by your vehicle’s engine. When your vehicle’s cooling system isn’t functioning properly, the temperature of your engine can get hot enough to damage itself. Heads can warp. Gaskets can blow. Your engine can fail. And all of those can be costly repairs. Having your radiator inspected and keeping antifreeze/coolant fluids topped off can save you a lot of money and time spent on the side of the road.
Some signs you may need to check your coolant and engine cooling system:
- Low coolant levels
- Temperature gauge above normal levels
- Smoke from beneath the vehicle’s hood due to overheating
- White exhaust smoke from burning coolant
- Coolant leakage underneath your vehicle
Our technicians at Jiffy Lube will:
- Inspect your radiator system and test for leaks
- Flush the engine cooling system
- Clear out rust and dirt from the heating and cooling components
- Replenish the engine coolant